Saturday, May 3, 2008





Today I hosted a baby shower for my good friend Becca. She is a design fanatic like me and I tried to make this a memorable event without resorting to making a diaper cake or forcing the guests to play cheesy games. So I combined the idea of a ladies tea with a baby shower. The flavor of ginger became a theme (and I was not thinking about how good ginger is for morning sickness). We made ginger cupcakes with crystallized ginger in both the cake and frosting and decorated them with the typical baby sugar decorations. We also served green tea ginger ale. A friend made madelines and Becca's mom made lemon curd tarts. Tea sandwiches and chicken salad on raddichio leaves were also on the menu. I made her a crown to wear and hung a glitter letter banner over the dining room doors. Outside on the patio I filled her mom's antique tea cups with blue delphinium, pink roses and lily of the valley. The zebra is the high chair is a sock doll made from an old pair or Becca's socks by my friend Lucy Tracy, a weaver in Bar Harbor, Maine. It was a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Aleida R. Baum said...

This a cute and beautiful Baby Shower Party. Many wonderful ideas . Good taste and hard work . I am sure that this was a very happy party. Congratulations !