Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Accessories of Old

I have just added a link - on the right side of the blog - to the wonderful store called "Accessories of Old". Lisa and Andrew have an enormous collection of vintage ribbon, beads, costume jewelry and buttons. The first time I visited the store, they were not even open, but walking by, I noticed the ribbons and had to go in and see what was up. Andrew very nicely let me come in and look around and told me the story of Lisa's grandfather's notions store in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Well, my dad was born in Johannesburg 90 years ago and was the youngest of 12 and I feel surely that his mother and older sisters would have patronized the original store. Since the first visit, I have been in many times and told everyone about it. If you are in Bethesda, do visit the shop on St. Elmo Ave, or visit their web site where you can see their delightful offerings.

No comments: