Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Evaluation piece


I belong to an independent floral designers group that meets every month. Last night some of us brought arrangements in to be evaluated by a group of three judges using American Institute of Floral Design standards. There was a wide variety of arrangements from pave to my very minimalistic modern piece. The judging for AIFD is pass/fail and quite stringent. I was happy to pass. They had some comments and suggestions but basically really liked this piece! And I learned a trememdous amount from the comments they made about all of the work. My arrangement was made from a large grass that grows in my front yard for the woven part in the vase, wire grass for the loops, orange pin cushions, Blush roses and burgandy Safari Sunset with some green wheat on the sides.

No comments: