Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chelsea Flower Show



Last week I fulfilled a long held dream which was to go to the Chelsea Flower Show.  It was beyond what I expected and we spent 5 hours trying to take it all in.  It is a different animal from the Philadelphia Flower Show,  less flower arrangements and more gardens and growers and vendors.  I am going to post some of the pictures I took of the growers' stands.  They were the most amazing to me in many ways.  I think that most of the intent of the growers is to sell to the home gardener and it was just incredible to see what one could buy to plant.  I really loved their set ups too - especially the narcissus in the Wedgewood bowls.  You get the feeling this display has been the same for a long time.  From the top there are narcissus, sweet peas and allium and amaryllis.

No comments: