Saturday, November 12, 2011

The wedding of Alex and Van





Today Alex and Van are getting married.  They have a beautiful fall day in Washington, DC and will be able to have their ceremony outside in the courtyard of the Arts Club of Washington on I St.  I think her bouquet is among the prettiest I have made - I used pink cymbidium orchids, Free Spirit and Anna roses, orange freesia and ranuculus and put a collar of red photinia leaves around it.  Free Spirit describes Alex and I used that rose throughout the wedding palette.  Two wire urns mark the ceremony area in the courtyard - I made a wreath of hydrangea, Free Spirit roses, photinia leaves, burgandy amaranthus and some mini pink garden roses and used gold painted birch branches in the center.  The centerpieces had the color volume pumped up with Free Spirits, orange Mambo spray roses, purple tulips, magenta carnations and fuschia roses. 

No comments: