Saturday, May 17, 2014

Having a Kaffe Fassett moment

I adore Kaffee Fassett.  Adore is not even a strong enough word.   He is such a genius of color that I often wonder why I don't just carry around several of his books when I need to think about color schemes...If you don't know his work, please google him and you will see what I mean.

I have been trying to style my photos a bit - for years I have just taken photos against a blank background so I can have a record of my work, but as I look at the work of others I am waking up a bit.  I know, always a little late to the party.

Anyway, today I had a bride coming and wanted to have something on hand to show off.  I made a little piece from corals, pinks, creams and a little creamy yellow and of course greens to show off and then thought about presenting it on one of my antique quilts.  I loved this vivid color scheme and instantly thought about Kaffe and how he uses color.   I think this works pretty well.  The first photo is from my IPhone and the second from my Canon Rebel.  It is interesting to use different devices to see what you get..


No comments: